and other innovation activities on days that end in “y”
Flex your innovation muscles all day, every Friday
Meet with successful entrepreneurs every Friday, 11 am – 1 pm in room 2518 VMH. We have big plans for your big plans.
- Get feedback and advice on strategy, testing, funding and landing your idea in the world
- Meet with Entrepreneurs-in-Residence (EIRs) from the Dingman Center for Entrepreneurship to talk about your business idea and get feedback on next steps. Click here to meet the Dingman EIRs.
- Meet with a Social-Entrepreneur-in-Residence (SEIR) from the Center for Social Value Creation one a month to talk about your social innovation.
Space for free-form brainstorming is available throughout the day every Friday.
- Ideation Room (3308A Symons) Available to all students for the entire day every Friday. This room is completely covered in whiteboard paint so you can literally put your ideas out there. Bring yourself or a whole group and start brainstorming on your next big idea, class projects, your business, anything!
- John & Stella Grave MakerSpace (Terrapin Learning Commons, Second Floor) A space to unleash creativity and innovation. The MakerSpace models a new environment in the library where students can use technology and tools to create prototypes, experiment and learn. Open every Friday from 8am – 11pm to all students, faculty and staff with on-site help/troubleshooting. Click here for more information.
Other Innovation Activities on Days that End in “Y”
Even though these aren’t on Friday, here are some other awesome innovative activities happening on campus.
- Mtech Entrepreneur Office Hours – Free, Open Entrepreneur Office Hours for University of Maryland Students, Faculty and Staff, and Regional Entrepreneurs with Bio or Tech-Based Startups or Ideas. Click here for locations, dates and times.
- Dingman Legal Office Hours – Legal Office Hours at the Dingman Center give UMD students and alumni the opportunity to sit down with one a Dingman Legal Advisors to discuss any legal questions you may have. Sessions are available by appointment only. Sign up at ter.ps/legalhours15.
Innovation Fridays is a collaboration among:
- The Academy for Innovation and Entrepreneurship from the Office of the Provost and the Office of the President
- The Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership from the School of Public Policy
- The Center for Social Value Creation from the Robert H. Smith School of Business
- The Dingman Center for Entrepreneurship from the Robert H. Smith School of Business
- Mtech Ventures from the A. James Clark School of Engineering
- Startup Shell
- University Libraries
- University Marketing and Communications